Sunday, March 6

Гори, гори ясно, чтобы не погаслo!

Anyway, today we had Russian class (as usual!) and celebrated Butter Week (Ма́сленица). The most significant food of Maslenitsa is blini (Russian pancakes) that symbolize the sun. In Russia, Maslenitsa is to celebrate the end of winter and the beginning of spring. So, we cooked blini together and played some games. And we had to throw the first pancake while saying "Гори, гори ясно, чтобы не погасло!"


After Russian class, we went to Starbucks to celebrate Women's Day. Since we don't have anyone buying flowers or presents for us (because our classmates are bunch of immature boys HA!) so we had to take the initiative ourselves. Sad, eh?
"International Women's Day (IWD), originally called International Working Women’s Day is marked on the 8th of March every year. It is a major day of global celebration of women. In different regions the focus of the celebrations ranges from general celebration of respect, appreciation and love towards women to a celebration for women's economic, political and social achievements." Wikipedia

To be honest, I didn't even know these kind of things exist until I came to Moscow. I'm not really into flowers (hey, don't blame me just because I'm more into chocolates) but when you see almost every woman holding flowers, it makes you a little bit sad. Do we ever have this kind of celebration in Malaysia? I guess the answer will be no. Why can't we celebrate Women's Day instead of Mother's Day? Oh, come on.. you know I'm right. Look, what if you're not a mother, or you're not somebody's mother or if you're an orphan, how do you celebrate Mother's Day? Let me know what you think. ;)

Buy 1 Free 1. That's how we celebrated our Women's Day. What a bunch of cheapskates =.='
Want some? ;)

P/S: I love my mom. Now, Always and Forever. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com